Please see the proposed Congregation Ahavas Israel Bylaws revision, to be voted on at our Annual Meeting of Members, June 24, 2019. You can see the current by-laws here and the by-laws with the proposed revisions here. Below are listed the significant changes to these Bylaws, as compared to the 2013 approved version now in effect:
- Article IV Section 5 has reinstated a policy to provide a free year of membership to adult offspring of members in good standing that was removed in the prior revision.
- Article VI Section7 The Treasurer shall be the Chair of the Finance Committee
- Article VI Section 9 The duties of the Executive Committee are explicitly stated
- Article VIII Section 1 Standing Committees, Chair assignments and committee membership are more fully explained. Cemetery & Human Resources Committee added as a standing committee
- Article IX Section 5 Reinstates, in part, a proccedure that was removed in the prior revision. Nominations for Trustees, but not for Officers, may be made from the floor at the Annual Meeting of Members, with the consent of the nominee.
- Article XVII Section 1-7 This new Article on Volunteer Liability replaces Article XVI section 6 in the current bylaws with updated verbiage. It does not materially differ from the previous limited liability provisions.